First off, please don't worry about broken links or downtime! BudURL has performed a number of migrations involving hundreds of thousands of links at a time with seamless results. The most difficult step of the process will be obtaining an export of your link data from the platform you plan to leave. Some of them make it easier than others, and all of them have a different process.
For Bitly, Post, Shortswitch, and others, we have a couple of specific steps we can follow to obtain the export (outlined below). For other platforms, the process may vary but we will assist in any way we can to help you obtain your data for migration. Once you have the data in hand, the BudURL team can work their magic!
The migration options:
- If an import file is available, we recommend adding it directly to your BudURL account through our import process. This is fast, simple, and gives you the most control over the import process including the ability to include notes, labels, and assign specific owners to your legacy links.
- If an import file is not available, BudURL then utilizes our Auto-Migration-Protocol - a unique functionality that will import your links in real-time from your account. It is seamless, completely transparent to your audience, and requires minimal effort on your side. BudURL takes care of the rest!
What Happens Next?
- Because all of your legacy links are added to BudURL, 100% of all client links are immediately available post-migration in BudURL. You never lose control of your short domain.
- The client controls the DNS transition so the official change-over to BudURL may be timed to align with the customer's schedule - zero downtime.
- BudURL can monitor the client domain for any broken links following the transition so if there is a link that was omitted for any reason, we'll know about it promptly and it may be added immediately.
- The BudURL API mirrors your existing core functionality so if there are any integrations, we can work with the client developers in advance to have the new API code updated to coincide with the transition.
- Lastly, while BudURL is CaSe InSeNsItIvE by default, if your links require case sensitivity, this is an option available to you as well.
It really is as smooth and seamless as it sounds and we provide a complete concierge-style service to the entire experience. Have additional questions about migrating from another platform? Send us a note to email@example.com and we'll get back to you promptly.